Most of my teaching career has been developed in Higher Education institutions. I have a decade of experience as a lecturer in Applied Phonetics (introductory courses in Phonetics and Phonology, Prosody, and English pronunciation and intonation) and also in Discourse Analysis in several HE colleges and universities (both at teacher training colleges and translation programmes) in Buenos Aires, Argentina. At the University of York, I am currently a seminar tutor and exam marker in the degree module Introduction to Phonetics and Phonology, and I have also done GTA work for Understanding English Grammar.
I am an EFL teacher, and I have worked as an EFL pre- and in-service teacher educator. I hold fifiteen years of experience teaching English as a Foreign Language in secondary schools and at language institutes in Argentina, and recently, also at pre- and in-sessional EAP and academic skills courses at the Centre for English Language Teaching at York.
I have recently held a role as a Spanish Language tutor at the Languages For All centre in the Department of Language and Linguistic Science at York.
I have also been involved in coordination roles, acting as Head of the English Department at a secondary school, leading the Language and Culture area of a graduate distance programme, and currently coordinating a Peer-Assisted Learning scheme in my department at York.
At University College London (UCL), UK:
- English pronunciation and intonation tutor at the Summer Course in English Phonetics (SCEP). Summer 2018.
At the University of York, UK – Department of Language and Linguistic Science – BA programmes in Languages and Linguistics
- (upcoming) Temporary module convenor and lecturer in The Prosody of English (E/L17H). 3rd year module. (Spring and Summer terms 2018/2019)
- GTA in Introduction to Phonetics and Phonology (LC09) – 1st year module. Seminar Tutor/Teacher & Exam marker (2017/2018; to date)
- GTA in Understanding English Grammar – Seminar Tutor & Exam Marker (2017/2018)
- Spanish Level 1 (Associate) Tutor. Languages for All. Spring and Summer 2017-2018
- University English 2 Pre-Sessional Tutor. Summer 2018.
- Departmental English Language (DEL) tutor for MA students in the Department of Education. Dissertation writing training. Centre for English Language Teaching. Summer Term 2018.
At ISP Dr Joaquín V González – Buenos Aires, Argentina – English Department (2009-2016)
- Lecturer (“Profesora”) in the following modules:
- Phonetics and Phonological Theories II (“Fonética y Teorías Fonológicas II”, 2009-2016)
- Laboratory Practice I (“Práctica en el Laboratorio de Idiomas I”, 2009-2016)
- Phonology at the Lab and its Pedagogy I (“Fonología en el Laboratorio y su Didáctica I”, 2013-2016)
- Discourse Analysis (“Análisis del Discurso”, 2015-2016)
- Laboratory Practice Assistant (“Asistente en Práctica de Laboratorio”, 2010-2016)
- Phonology at the Lab and its Pedagogy II (“Fonología en el Laboratorio y su Didáctica II”, 2013)
At ENSLV Sofía B de Spangenberg – Buenos Aires, Argentina – Translation Programme
- Lecturer in English Phonology I, A & B (“Fonología I”, 2006-2016)
At Profesorado del Consudec – English Department (2007, 2010-2016 )
- Lecturer in Phonetics II (“Fonética II”, 2010-2016)
- Lecturer in Lab III and Lab IV (“Laboratorio y su Didáctica I “, “Laboratorio y su Didáctica II en Entornos Virtuales”, 2014-2016)
At CIBADIST (2007-2014)
- Module convenor and distance-learning tutor:
- Language and Oral Expression IV (4th year Phonetics & Phonology) (2007-2014)
- Language and Culture II (Literature) and IV (Literature and Media) (2009-2014)
At Colegio San Juan el Precursor (2004-2013)
- Teacher of English at FCE/CAE level – Teacher of IGCSE English as a First Language (2004-2013)
- Head of English Department, Secondary School (Dember 2009- February 2011)
Past EFL work done at: Mayflower English Institute (Colegio Cardenal Copello, 2003-2005), ITESL (Olivos, 2005-2009), Colegio María Auxiliadora San Isidro (Primary school, 2005), Colegio Pío IX (Secondary School, 2007).
Universidad de Belgrano – Translation Programme (2013 – currently bank member of staff)
- Lecturer in English Phonetics A & B
Universidad Nacional de San Martín – CEPEL – Posgraduate diploma in the didactics of Phonetics
- Lecturer in The Didactics of Intonation I (1st term 2016)
- Coordinator of PAL (Peer-Assisted Learning) scheme for the Linguistics programmes (pilot year). Department of Language and Linguistic Science. University of York.
- Coordinator of the Language and Culture area of studies. Teacher Training and Translation programmes. CIBADIST. 2010-2013.
- Head of the English Department. Secondary school level. Colegio San Juan El Precursor. 2010.